RITUAL CHOCOLATE CACAO TEA RECIPES
Our lightly roasted Cacao Nibs are versatile–added to baked goods, as a crunchy topping, or even made into their own teas! We love these two recipes to create rich & delicious cup of brew from our nibs.
GENERAL CACAO TEA
Use a heaping tablespoon of cacao for one cup (6-8oz) and steep in boiling water for 6-10 mins. Your patience will be rewarded with a rich chocolatey cup of heaven!
PEPPERMINT CACAO TEA LATTE
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Filtered water, Cacao nibs, Black tea, Peppermint tea, 1 tsp (or to taste) Brown sugar, Milk or milk alt., French press or milk frother, Kettle, Coffee Grinder, Reusable tea bag
1. Grind cacao nibs. 2 tsp for one serving.
2. Boil water on the stovetop or in an electric kettle. If using electric kettle with a temperature setting set it to 208°F.
3. Combine cacao nibs, black & peppermint tea, brown sugar in a reusable tea bag. Add hot water & steep in mug/teapot for 5 mins.
4. Heat milk & froth milk (can be done with French Press)
5. Remove tea bag & add milk.